Well, like some bad scene from “Weekend at Bernie’s” the Cuban Communist Party has propped up Castro to bring the first substantal endorsement of the much bandied about Clinton-Obama ticket. And why not? I can’t think of a better communist ticket than these two hard-core leftists with socialist agendas.
I imagine that Vladimir Putin will be bringing his endorsement out shortly in the form of a “Hillary/Obama in ’08” tattoo on his chest.
Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao could help out the ticket by selling “Clinton/Obama: Oh Mama!” bumper stickers and maybe even some bobbleheads, although keep them away from the children!
So what should we glean from the Castro endorsement? Well, what is his idea of a good president? Why Jimmy Carter of course! Let’s see, what did Jimmy Carter accomplish?
1) Enabled the Islamic Revolution.
2) Gave away the Panama Canal.
3) Allowed the spread of communism in the Western Hemisphere, a direct violation of the Monroe Doctrine (look it up).
4) Helped set up the communist Sandinista government in Nicaragua.
5) On the US economc front he oversaw stagflation, unemployment, and, of course, malaise. The malaise came from this stunningly optimistic statement: “I think it’s inevitable that there will be a lower standard of living than what everybody had always anticipateded. The only trend is downward. But it’s impossible to get people to face up to this.” Maybe because it wasn’t true Jimmy!
6) Speaking of motivating words (at least to the Communists), chew on these for awhile: He scolded Americans for having an “inordinate fear” of Communism and explained that Russia would “continue to push for communism throughout the world and to probe for possibilities for expansion of their system, which I think is a legitimate purpose for them.”
Wow, talk about persuading the proletariat!
I will be interested in how Clinton and Obama react to this endorsement, that is if they are actually asked about it.